Trending Web UI Frameworks that will rule 2022
Code is read more than it is written.― Daniel Roy Greenfeld
Creating a top-notch user experience for its customers is what every business aspires for and when it comes to building complex user interfaces, the Front-End Framework plays a very important role for developers. A web UI framework is nothing but a platform for building the front-end and making the whole development process faster and easier, ultimately the main purpose of a web UI framework is to reduce code complexity.
At present, there are a lot of front-end web UI frameworks available for the developers to work with but In this blog, I would like to share a list of some of the popular frameworks from my experience which I found that are growing tremendously and gaining popularity among the users and developers alike!
Let’s Start Then…
Advantages of React.js:
- Faster and Better performance — Since React uses the virtual dom, the application performance improves drastically. Earlier every new update in the DOM resulted in decreased performance but now since we do not write directly in DOM, instead write in the virtual components that are turned into the DOM by React providing faster performance.
- Reusable Components — React applications are made with the use of multiple components. We can say components are the building block of any React Web app and every component is made with a separate logic and control that can also be reused wherever and whenever it is required in the application.
- Good for SEO — React.js ensures that the website loads faster and also saves the waiting time of the user. For a better ranking purpose, it requires multiple user engagements and if any of the web pages reduces the waiting time then definitely the user engagement will increase.
- Useful Tool for Developers — React.js applications are extremely easy to test. Facebook understands the importance of testing and has provided some React.js development tools in their react framework. Some of the available tools are React Sight, react developer tool for chrome and firefox, storybook, etc.
Disadvantages of React.js:
- Poor Documentation — due to its constantly updating technology developers find it extremely difficult to create proper documentation for it.
- Constantly Updating Technology — As it is constantly updating that’s why developers do not want to relearn the new ways for developing the same things.
Advantages of Angular Js:
- Supported By Google — As angular is supported by Google and by a community of individuals and corporations all the updates of angular are always up to date as a team of great quality engineers provide support and manage it.
- Real-time testing — It provides both end-to-end and unit testing. Allowing these testing features makes testing and debugging much easier. Angular supports karma and jasmine testing tools which make the testing process easier for the developers.
- Data binding — It provides two-way instant synchronization in between the view and model if any data is changed in the model it directly gets updated in view as well, and if any changes are made in view data then it will get updated in the model. Therefore it becomes easy for developers to make changes on time during development since if any data is updated in the model it will get reflected in the view.
- Dependency Injection — One of the most important features of Angular Js is that it has a built-in dependency injection. Dependency Injection is a design pattern that deals with how components get hold of their dependency. It makes the component more reusable and maintainable.
- Supports Single Page Application (SPA) — Angular supports SPA. The main intention behind the SPA is faster page transitions so that the user does not wait for loading a new page with new data. In this process, the current page is replaced with a new page with new data which makes it faster.
Disadvantages of Angular Js:
- Performance Issues — Since the Angular framework is used for creating dynamic single-page applications sometimes you may face issues due to the complexing of the pages.
- Not secure — Angular Js does not provide authorization and authentication on the angular side, hence it is our responsibility to secure the server-side information to keep our applications secure, that is why Angular Js is a bit less secure.
3. Vue.js — Vue.js is a progressive framework for building user interfaces and for building dynamic single-page applications. It is focused on the view layer. It follows the Model–view–viewmodel(MVVM) architecture. This framework is created by Evan You, who came up with this idea for building his framework and picked the best parts of angular and react frameworks like the Component-based approach from React and Template Syntax from Angular along with some other features to make Vue.js a better framework than React and Angular.
Advantages of Vue.js
- Lightweight Framework — One of the major advantages of Vue.js is that it is very small in size as compared to other Frameworks. Due to its lightweight installation process, adding any library is a super quick process. And the developers don’t need to worry about optimization as well as it is also fast because of its lightweight nature.
- Documentation — developers have always wanted to use detailed documentation because that contains every feature that a particular framework provides. It includes all the options and the operation that can be done using that framework. And also helps them a lot in writing the code easily.
- Easy Integration — Vue.js supports many third-party libraries and components, that enable the users to integrate new technology into their application also saving a lot of time for developers.
- Two-way data binding — Vue.js provides a two-way data binding feature because it uses the MVVM architecture. With the use of virtual DOM two-way data binding, coding time for the developers reduces. Two-way data binding means that whatever data changes happen in view it will automatically reflect in data and vice-a-versa. This feature saves a lot of developer time for debugging and testing.
Disadvantages of Vue.js
- Community is limited — As the Vue.js community is not bigger, Vue.js still has a long way to go as most of its solutions are available in the Chinese language.
- Limited plugins — Vue.js has fewer plugins as compared to other frameworks. This is a very important thing that needs to be considered as developers may not be able to depend on this completely.
4. Svelte — This framework provides a different approach for building web applications. The main advantage of Svelte is that it does the bulk of its work during the compile-time, providing high performance. It is also very easy to learn and has very good documentation to learn from. It eliminates the use of virtual DOM.
Advantages of Svelte:
- Less code — In Svelte, developers don’t need to write a huge amount of code as compared to other frameworks. It does not require unnecessary imports which also makes the code cleaner. Less coding helps in the faster development of applications.
- Lightweight — Svelte is very lightweight and due to its optimized vanilla Js code it also takes small space which makes the web app very lightweight and loads the web app faster.
- Reactive — Svelte is reactive, the DOM automatically gets updated when any changes are made on top-Level components. But the updates affect only the parts of the DOM rather than updating the whole component.
Disadvantages of Svelte:
- Limited Community— Being a new framework means smaller community and user base. Because of that developers may not be able to find the useful tools and libraries that other frameworks provide.
- The compilation is complex and heavy — The Svelte compilation process is very complex and heavy and due to this it consumes more time on the build. Also one of the other disadvantages of the compilation is that it lets you compile the code with errors even if you have forgotten to import or export any libraries.
Well, now you all know what’s happening and trending in the world of Web UI Frameworks! Hope this helps all the developers in choosing the suitable framework for their next project!
Keep Coding, Keep Creating!