Am I trendy?
Does that make me undynamic?
Not at all.
Because the context was referred to fashion. But one could be called undynamic if they don’t follow trends in their arena of expertise. The trend is a general direction in which the original pattern of work changes or develops. It is a continuous process. The same is with User Experience. So let’s be prepared for some trends that could possibly take place in 2020.
A few of them for you:
- Voice User Interface( VUI): This allows the user to get things done with voice commands. In the fast-paced lives, everybody is in the need of a voice user interface. Thus UX is gradually shifting from Graphic UI to Voice UI. As people seek an effortless way to trigger services, it could open roads to advancement in the integration of voice with AI.
2. Overlapping effect: It refers to covering with a design in which one element of the design covers the other. This effect creates a sense of space and an organized user interface. This obviously would grab more attention in the coming year. Adidas User Interface uses this effect giving a sense of depth in the view
Read the article from where the image is sourced from. It is a clearly described writeup about the overlapping effect.
3. AR/ VR: Augmented Reality allows you to see something very realistic. And Virtual Reality shuts the physical world totally and allows you to act along with the elements in it.
Individuals meet their daily needs such as shopping, checking climate with the help of these things. Snapchat lenses, Pokemon Go( AR) and Oculus Rift (VR) by Facebook are a few examples. To meet these multiplying needs of AR/VR, User Experience comes into play.
4. AIML: Artificial Intelligence Markup Language is all about designing UX for scripting and developing the chatbot. Chatbots are highly used by companies these days in order to provide 24/7/365 assistance.
UX is important here as Interactive chatbots make life easier both for the companies and customers. We can create human interfaces with AIML and it is highly maintainable.
5. Machine learning: Machine Learning is an artificial intelligence algorithm that allows systems to automatically learn without programming them separately.
Data is the currency of the 21st century. To deal with the heavy data inflow ML is embedded into almost every industry thus designing UX for this would become the need of the hour in 2020.
These are just a few of the trends of 2020. Many to come.
P.S: Any trends you think I’ve missed out?!